Monday, February 6, 2012

Unforgiveness

Hello Beautiful people,

"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Marvelous Monday to each of you.  I hope all is well and that you are encouraged this morning.  Keeping in line with relationships, the word unforgiveness holds such power.  You remember when you were younger and it was so easy to hold a grudge (now looking back) over dumb stuff. The unfortunate thing is that this has carried into adulthood for so many people.  Remember the bible says, "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man/woman, I put away childish things." So those petty things that we harbor unforgiveness for need to cease. You hurt yourself more than the person you harbor unforgiveness for. Really.....none of us have the kind of time that will allow us to constantly live in a state of unforgiveness.  Life is so precious.

I dare negate the fact that most of us have hurts in our lives that may seem unforgivable.  But we must move forward because unforgiveness brings about bitterness, pain, sickness and even death.  Please don't get me wrong, the ability to forgive is not an easy process and for many will take a lifetime. Even in that you continue to seek healing in this area, until it is settled in your heart. As Jesus told Peter when he asked.... "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."

We are created in His likeness, therefore we have the ability to forgive just as he has forgiven us.

Peace, blessings and love to each of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment